Monday, January 19, 2009

Rancid Rhetoric

Here it is, after much deliberation over what to name the blog, being Rancid Rhetoric has finally come into existence.

What is the point of such a blog and what makes the rhetoric of it so rancid? Is it simply a way to showcase the mediocre musings of a decaying English major? Or is it something more?

All of these questions came to me when I decided to create it. I hope to showcase my intellectual and creative ability without turning it into a simple “what I did today” and “how I feel” blog. If anybody else in this fucked up world is slightly like me, then they’d rather hear a story about binging on an obscene amount of alcohol and then urinating in an open car window than how my feelings were hurt because my friend didn’t invite me to a fondue party.

If you are one of those persons that can become emotionally invested into a salad dressing and are easily offended, then you’ll get more from watching Star wars kid on youtube than will from this blog (assuming you don’t find star wars kid offensive).

My goal is not to keep you updated on what Will Smith movies I have recently seen, no, my goal is, simply, to turn the mundane into the sublime. I hope to widen your myopic scope into a world that is simply fucked. Will I be offensive, crude, and downright insensitive? You’re god damn right I will. I am under the belief that if some topic is off limits, than everything is off limits.

I am with my obvious flaws, I have the indecisiveness of Hamlet and I possess the emotional depth of a snail with autism. But if I am one thing, I am fucked. I’d much rather crack jokes about Bernie Mac’s untimely death than tell you how you should be praising your God. I make judgments, sure, but why the fuck not, it’s my blog?

Right now this blog parallels my life, a random engagement of events with no discernable direction. But fuck it, I believe in evolution and I guess we’ll just have to see where it goes. I’d like to think it will go through somewhat of a “literary Darwinism” where only the strong pieces will survive, allowing the weak to die off faster than Steven Seagal’s rap career.

In the end it is an experiment and the last hope of an English major with no creative outlet. This is the first entry, and probably the most normal one you will ever see.

No comments:

Post a Comment